Tuesday, March 10, 2009

blurred perfect vision

I am blessed with new sight..
and the profound knowledge of how the world is still as superficial.

If you followed my blog or at least know who i am, will know what I am working as.
which reminded me of this not too remote distant incident.
I bumped into an old time fren, and a rather good one. well, we were young rebels who didnt care a hoot about anything else apart from being in the group of fabulous frens that party almost day. Our only concern is whether we have enough moolah to get alchie and whether we looked cool enough and different every day. Of course, most of us have drifted apart and gone our own ways. some became mothers / fathers, others are still deliquents (albeit too old to be called one), some became successful and rich.

this particular fren, whom i will addressed as Mr X, saw me at a club smoking area with a bunch of other old frens who knew him too. I was the only one that was happy to see him as I admit, reminisence about the good ol" times. I went up to say hi... and we strike up a conversation about who is doing what. Mr X is apparently in touch with several others. He went on to ask me what I was doing and without thinking twice, I said "oh I am in production". He went on to ask, oh but why in a rather concerned manner. I was rather puzzled and since I had a couple of drinks prior to our meeting, I simply said "why not? its a decent job".
What I didnt realise was perhaps our singaporean context of production may not have the same meaning as his.. as Mr X was from another country and he was not staying in spore for a good 6 years.
I went on to approach a cute 19 year old waiter - ok, occupational hazard.. but I am always in need of good looking people for my projects and these young people dont mind earning extra cash and good exposure in decent proper ads... so i guess it always works out.

I continue talking to Mr X and then when the whole bunch of us wanted to go back into the club, he decline joining us even tho he was initially very excited about our "reunion".

I later sms him a couple of times and each time, he would reply with a "who are you" and then there will be weird useless small talks. My other frens who knew him (and was there that night) was glad that he is not in our lives any more but I just thot it was nice to see an old fren. It was only after a couple of fertile attempts to ask him out for coffee and sms-es did i realise that ... Mr X thought that I am a FACTORY PRODUCTION WORKER
and much to my amusement.. I can image his face when he thought i was picking up a young 19 year old waiter at a club! I didnt explain myself then and never thought anything about it as well..

Now thinking back, so what if I am really a factory production worker? It is a decent job. Does that mean we are not frens anymore?
I am glad my effort to re-connect with this bunch of old frens is come to naught.

without the bad ones, I prob wont appreciate the good ones..
but no matter what.. i will always remember the good times we had..
angsty perturbed confused emo teen rebel...
that is how i become the elfine, that doesnt wanna be found.
that is how we stumbled along.. party alot and drank ourselves silly
and found ourselves..
i for one, found my footing, my style, my goals and
my precious good frens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home